Monday, November 8, 2010

The First Reverend in Our Family

Neither James nor I come from families with long Christian heritages.  James is the only one (currently) in his family, and I am a second generation-er.  So, 5 years ago, I broke the Chaput-mould and became the first missionary our family has known.  But, because I revel in being different, I decided that I would become also the first Reverend in Clapham and Chaput history (to my knowledge, perhaps my great-Aunty June could correct me!)

It was an honour and a privilege for me to be ordained with my ministerial family at the PAOC Eurasia Regional Retreat, which this year just so happened to take place in Jerusalem, Israel.  Jesus and I share something in common, we were both confirmed for ministry in the same country. :)

Please take a couple minutes, and watch the video. Share the moment with us.

Thank you for journeying together with us.

5 comments:

  1. WooHoo! Thanks for the video Chaput and James! (You will always be Chaput to me, Chaput!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reverend Chaput, I should say...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing to be able to be a part of that moment from so far away! Thank you for sharing! I will be keeping all 3 of you in my prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done, christina! i am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're very proud of you honey! You've worked very hard, good job! Love Mom.

    ReplyDelete